Wednesday, December 5, 2012

{rerun} Teacher Gift: Snowglobe Gift Cards

Original post here.

Teacher Gift: Snowglobe Gift Cards

Last year, we presented gift cards to our teachers in DIY snowglobes. You can create a dry or wet snowglobe. I read an article that said they tested putting a gift card in water for a week, but I really didn't want to chance it, so I kept our snowglobes dry.

Supplies:

  • jar (I used salsa jar,already had silver lid too)
  • mini snowmen (craft store)
  • trees (dollar store or craft store)
  • fake snow
  • snowflake confetti
  • glitter
  • glue gun
  • gift card

So all you need to do is glue your trees and snowmen to the bottom of the lid, add snow and you’re done.

To attach the gift card to the lid, just run a thick bead of glue onto the lid and stick it in. I did a test run and found it took some muscle to pull the gift card off, so I traced white cardstock and folded it up about a 1/2 inch in the front and covered the entire back of the gift card with the cardstock.

The cardstock would be easier to break free and I simply put a glue dot on the back of the gift card so the cardstock stayed attached like a one sided envelope. You can certainly do it without the cardstock.

Aren't they cute?

I made one for myself while I was at it! For mine, I used a pickle jar and wasn't so lucky with the lid color, so I painted it silver. And I decided to experiment with glue dots instead of the glue gun to adhere the tree. It worked! Love those glue dots!

 

    These would make great gifts on their own without a gift card.  They would also make fabulous hostess gifts to bring to a holiday party.  Inexpensive, easy and very fun! LOVE – LOVE – LOVE!

    Linking up at Centsational Girl, my linky tab list and Hi Sugarplum! on the button below.

Holiday

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable idea for a gift card holder:-) Those glue dots are awesome aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...